Cherwell Service Management® is highly configurable ITSSM solution that combines a rich set of applications (content) on top of its codeless business application technology (CBAT™). CSM provides customers an effective “out of the box” solution for multiple ITIL® processes (Incident Management, Service Request Fulfillment, Change Management, Problem Management, and Service Asset and Configuration Management), a web-based customer portal, and a robust environment for configuring the native applications and developing new applications in an intuitive manner.
The CSM solution can be implemented on-premise of SaaS. As of CSM 8.0 a new Trusted Agent® feature enables Windows Active Directory authentication from the SaaS environment without the need for a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection from the customer premise.
- A robust library of Dashboard widgets and out of the box Dashboards configured for the content.
- A robust reporting engine.
- Mergeable App (mApp®) technology that simplifies and automates merging new functionality and enhancements with existing applications.
- A mApp Exchange® for downloading and installing new applications and functionality from Cherwell and third-party partners.
- Automation Processes with a visual workflow process designer for automating additional actions and business rules that run in the background.
- Robust configurations of role permissions.
An honest assessment of the Cherwell Service Management solution should make note of a few weaknesses with the product, relative to others in its class:
- The full-featured client is Windows-centric.
- The web portal interface does not yet contain all the features of the fat client.
- The Dashboards are not user-configurable (only by an administrator).
- The approval engine lacks some obvious capabilities, such as requester manager mapping from Active Directory’s Manager field.
Benefits of Ayearon
Ayearon has certified administrators for CSM tool and has performed several implementations. All our services are provided on a sub-contract basis with Flycast Partners, a partner of Cherwell Software. Please contact Flycast Partners for pricing of product and service and for a product demo.
Review of Cherwell Service Management on G2 Crowd.
PinkVERIFY of Cherwell includes 11 processes.
Cherwell Service Management, Trusted Agent, mApp, mApp Exchange, and CBAT are registered trademarks of Cherwell Software, Inc. ITIL is a registered trademark of AXELOS, Limited. Flycast Partners is a registered trademark of Flycast Partners, Ltd.